Sunday 12 August 2012

"My motivation for completing the course is to support Tibetan Buddhism at a critical time. I believe the world needs to hear the science of happiness offered by this philosophy now more than ever. It’s in this context that translating for a Geshe would give me a strong sense of purpose and conviction. Another reason is to maintain a more personal contact with Buddhist teachings and to deepen my own practice, by understanding the words within a guru puja for example. His Holiness the Dalai Lama was recently talking at TCV about the Tibetan language as being the best for understanding Buddhist philosophical concepts for instance. So in essence, I want to be part of the program to deepen my own practice but primarily to help spread the knowledge of a Geshe to a wider audience." Alexei, LRZTP6 student

No comments:

Post a Comment